Douglas H. Silverberg
Golf Athlete - Inducted 1985
Douglas Silverberg has become one of the greatest names in Canadian amateur golf. Since he won his first junior tournament in 1946, he has won numerous tournaments and qualified as a golf team member many times. As a junior player, he represented Canada at eleven international tournaments. He is well-known as a key player on Alberta's Willingdon Cup team twenty-two times between 1951 and 1976. Douglas Silverberg is also remembered for his participation in Commonwealth Cup matches in 1954, 1959, 1963, and 1967; Eisenhower Cup matches in 1964 and 1966; several Calgary City Amateur and Open titles; six Alberta Amateur Championships between 1954 and 1971; and, the 1964 Alberta Open Championship.
• Member of the 1988 & 1993 Canadian Senior Team Champions.
• Member of the 1989 Senior Team to Scotland for the Derby Cup.
• 1989 Inducted into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame
• 1993 Alberta Senior Champion
• 1994 Canadian Senior Champion
• 1994 Canadian Senior Golf Association Champion
• 2005 Alberta Golf Hall of Fame